Published by Mancuso Media
At Mancuso Media, we are experts in OTT (and all forms of advertising) and have the experience, expertise, and the agility to develop a plan designed to maximize results!
Simply put, OTT (which stands for Over the Top) is any television-like content that is viewed over the internet. This includes all content delivered via platforms such as Hulu, Crackle, Sling TV, or hundreds of smaller online niche providers on TV sets, computers, and mobile devices such as tablets and phones. When that content is viewed on smart TV’s or via internet-connected devices (such as Amazon Firestick, Roku Box, etc.), it is known as CTV or Connected TV, as well.
The users of streaming television are the “cord cutters” who no longer subscribe to cable or satellite television. This medium is essential to reach a very specific target audience who are consuming their television content online. The ads are non-preemptible and non-skippable and advertisers only pay for ads that are viewed by the company’s potential customers.
Unlike broadcast or cable television advertising, which is largely one ad to many viewers of the same show during the same commercial break, OTT technology serves ads to a particular audience type, which provides for increased customer engagement. In other words, you can target specific people who meet your criteria instead of programming that may appeal to those viewers as well as others with no interest in your product or service. And, most recently, a programmatic approach to OTT buying has become available that provides for multiple layers of targeting to assure maximum exposure to the product or service’s exact target audience, while minimizing waste.
Additionally, as consumers who have cut the cord are also watching broadcast television, it makes sense to combine these platforms (if budget allows). Broadcast TV continues to be unsurpassed in branding and can be an excellent complement to reinforce and increase the advertiser’s name awareness, making the OTT campaigns more effective.
Here is a summary of the advantages of OTT:
- It is much more affordable than broadcast or cable TV advertising, and even advertisers with relatively small budgets can see results from this medium
- Every OTT campaign’s responses are continually monitored and measured to deliver maximum ROI with full analytics reporting
- Ads appear only in high-quality content
- Larger audience reach at a much lower unit cost than linear broadcast or cable TV
- Non-skippable ads so you only pay when your full message is seen
- OTT appeals to a younger audience, although the numbers of older viewers are increasing daily
- Increased customer engagement
- Granular targeting opportunities to reach your most likely potential customers with a minimum of wasted impressions
- Retargeting opportunities available (to serve display ads to those who have visited your site but have not yet converted)
So, if you are looking to promote your product or service, let the media experts at Mancuso Media help you achieve success! Contact us today.